Banana Rum Icecream
This is a simple and very tastey icecream recipe that allows you to use your over ripe bananas and with a hint of rum. The Rum also helps the icecream to not set too hard in your freezer.
Makes: 8 Servings
- Prepair your icecream maker as per your products instruction manual.
- Beat the egg and sugar in a mixing bowl and slowly add the milk while whisking.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan over a low/medium heat, do not boil, stiring constantly until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Put this mixute into a blender and add the bananas and rum. Blend until no lumps remain.
- Allow this mixture to cool at room temperature.
- Stir in the whipped cream.
- Put in the fridge for 12 hours (or as instructed by your icecream machine) to cool before placing into the icream mixer.
- 250ml full cream milk
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 450ml whipping cream
- 2 over ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup rum (My prefference is the Bacardi Oakheart Spiced)